31. _____new study says that going to_____ bed late is harmful to our health.
A.\ , \ B. A, \ C. A, the D. The, the
32. The three ______upstairs are too small to have enough_______ for a double bed.
A. room, room B. room, rooms C. rooms, room D. rooms, rooms
33. --- How soon will we get the offer from a new high school?
--- ______about two months
A.In B. For C. Among D. During
34. Boxing Day, the 26th of December, got _____name from a time when many rich families gave boxes of gifts to poor people who had to work at Christmas.
A. it's B. its C. one's D. one
35. According to a survey, four out of five women do housework at home, but only______of men would do it.
A. four fifth B. four fifths C. two fifth D. two fifths
36.---My grandpa practices playing the guitar_______in the university for the elderly every day.
---Cool! It's never too old to learn.
A. hard B. hardly C. great D. greatly
37. China is getting more and more independent of western technology, _______it is leading in many fields, such as the self-driving car industry.
A.\ B.or C. but D. and
38. It is said that the number of forest parks in Guangdong ________to more than 1,000 so far.
A. increase B. increased C. has increased D. will increase
39. ---What do you think of the movie Operation Red Sea?
---Wonderful. I've never seen a movie ________than it.
A. more excited B. more exciting C. most excited D. most exciting
40.--- I saw the light of your room was still on at two o’clock last night.
---Oh,I___ a football match of the Russia World Cup.
A. watched B. was watched C. am watching D. was watching
4l. ---Yuan Longping, a famous Chinese scientist, is now doing research on sea rice.
---If farmers_______ start planting rice in salty water, China's food supply will surely rise.
A. can B. can’t C. must D. Mustn’t
42. After long years of war, many people in Syria are homeless. I think it important_______
a peaceful world.
A. build B. not build C. to build D. not to build